Monday, August 11, 2008

Weekend of Roughing It

Friday afternoon Marc and I decided to go camping at the boat club. There is not many times in August that it is cool enough to go tent camping so we decided to take this opportunity. We haven't been there since Brian's accident and death. We thought we would try it for one night and ended up staying the whole weekend! The weather was beautiful and it gave Marc and I time just for ourselves with no distractions, which was nice. I feel so close to God when I can just appreciate nature. Saturday afternoon we went on a hike. There were lots of hills to climb and the road was a new road which made for some difficult walking. We were back so far into the woods that it was a little scary. It was a hard 30+ minute hike. My goal was to walk 3 times this week (before Wednesday) and hopefully I will get in 4 since this is only Monday!!!

No comments: