Thursday, December 4, 2008

Crying out to Jesus

Walking with Jesus: In the Country of the Gerasenes
Mark 5:18-20 "...and the man who had been possessed...begged him that he might be with him...and he went away and proclaimed...how much Jesus did for him, and everyone was amazed."

Meditation: Saying Yes to God (part 2)

...or what if our Pentecost prayer went more like one of these?

"Lord, set me on fire with the Word and with the passion for saving that You gave to the disciples; empower and impel me so remarkable that the trail of my way through Your world looks like a path scorched by Your justice."
or
"Lord, transform my life and send me out so mightily that satan will have no choice but to spend a lifetime of wilderness days trying to turn me back into myself again."
or
"Lord, soak me so wet with water of baptism that as I walk among the thirsty of the world, many are splashed by the drops of life-giving grace that fall from me as I pass."

But then again, one would not want to really pray prayers like that would they?. One would have to be a little crazy to utter such outrageous petitions. After all, how could we be sure God wouldn't just answer with a mighty YES, and then where would we be?

Regardless of the prayers I pray today, I know that the Lord still loves and forgives me just the way I am. But I want to be the best person I can be for my Savior. I want to be sold out to Jesus with every aspect of my life including the food I put into my mouth and the exercise that I do.

Am I going to be more hungry for him or am I going to keep finding my comfort in food? When am I going to be desperate enough? Luke 6:21 says, "Blessed are you who hunger now, for you shall be satisfied." In the Message Bible is says, "You're blessed when you're ravenously hungry. Then you're ready for the Messianic meal. You're blessed when the tears flow freely. Joy comes with the morning." And in the Complete Jewish Bible it says, ""How blessed are you who are hungry! for you will be filled. "How blessed are you who are crying now! for you will laugh. Wow! That gives me such hope. I am desperately crying out to Jesus through this journey and I know in the end I will laugh!!! To God be the glory as I am taking small but forward steps with Him....

No comments: