Friday, December 12, 2008

Standing Firm

Walking wit Jesus: To the Mount of Olives
Mark 13:11 Jesus teaches about the Holy Spirit

11 Whenever you are arrested and brought to trial, do not worry beforehand about what to say. Just say whatever is given you at the time, for it is not you speaking, but the Holy Spirit.... 13 All men will hate you because of me, but he who stands firm to the end will be saved.

Verse 13 tells us to stand firm to the end. Perseverance in the faith and endurance in our loyalty to Christ is a scriptural definition of the kind of faith necessary for final salvation.

Standing firm takes perseverance when this world is beating you down. It is so easy when that is happening just to curl up and wish the world would go away. But that gets me in trouble because that is when I tend to eat for comfort, not exercise and to put another layer of bricks on the walls around me. It is truly a vicious cycle. Trying to change and to tear down these walls is such hard work but again my Heavenly Father is asking this of me and He didn't say it would be easy. He just keeps saying "Trust me my child, trust Me"....

A special friend shared this with me and I loved it. You know the song "Jesus loves me this I know"? Well she saw a sign that said..."Jesus knows me this I love". Is that not cool. Say it again "JESUS KNOWS ME THIS I LOVE".

I am praying that that saying will be my comfort today and what I put into my month will just be what I need to sustain me and no more as I keep taking these tiny tiny steps forward......

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Jesus knows me this I love!!! I do love that he knows me, faults and all, and yes, he even loves me, faults included!!!