Thursday, October 23, 2008

Following

Today is called Walking with Jesus: To the Fishing Boats at the Sea of Galilee. The scripture is Mark 1:16-18 where Jesus calls Simon and Andrew.

The meditation starts out with Luke 9:42 which says Jesus said, "No one who puts a hand to the plow and looks back is fit for the Kingdom of God". Those are difficult words for a well-intentioned but sometimes stumbling follower like me. The meditation also had this poem: I will follow You, Lord--put my hand to the plow, shape my will to the contour of the handles You have given me. Set my feet on the furrow, my eyes on the marker at the other end of the field. Set my heart to the task of turning the earth so that others can plant and water and harvest.

I grew up in the fields, planting and harvesting so this really made me reflect back on those times. It reminded me of how hard of a job that was but also how rewarding it was when the work was complete. I believe God is trying to tell me that even when this gets hard (and for anyone who has eating issues, you know what I'm talking about)that in the end it will be so rewarding and worth it all!!! Reminds me of my birth verse James 1:12...Blessed is the man who perseveres under trials because when he has stood the test, he will receive the crown of life that God has promised to those who love Him.

YES, LORD, I WILL FOLLOW.....

Yesterday my step counter stopped working(go figure. So until I go shopping tomorrow I will not be able to know if I made my steps or not but I'll keep walking with Jesus with or without a step counter.........

2 comments:

Lisa said...

How fitting that it talks about plowing fields! So much can be attributed to all the fields you have already plowed Mariyn. I know you will continue to plow and reap the harvests!!!

Shannon said...

Didn't know you had a blog until now:) yeah!