Thursday, October 30, 2008

From the Beach to God's Church

It's time to leave the casual, relaxing and blissful beach. One last look at the beauty and the warm blue/turquoise waters. Can you hear the waves? I sure can. It's hard to leave a place that you love. A place where you are so relaxed and feel so free. But it is time to move on to the next stop.

Today's title is Walking with Jesus: To the Synagogue in Capernaum. Scripture is taken from Mark 1:21-27 (message) where is tells us how Jesus casted out an unclean spirit. I am praying that Jesus will cast out the unclean spirit of unhealthy for me and even though I know He could do it in an instant or it could be a process or He could choose not to do anything, I am believing that He will allow a process for me and am looking forward to the quiet walks with just my Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ.

The meditation is taken from Ps 51: 1-2, 6-7, 10-23....
1 Generous in love - God, give grace! Huge in mercy - wipe out my bad record. 2 Scrub away my guilt, soak out my sins in your laundry. 7 Soak me in your laundry and I'll come out clean, scrub me and I'll have a snow-white life.. 10 God, make a fresh start in me, shape a Genesis week from the chaos of my life. 11 Don't throw me out with the trash, or fail to breathe holiness in me. 12 Bring me back from gray exile, put a fresh wind in my sails! 13 Give me a job teaching rebels your ways so the lost can find their way home.

Even though verse 8 and 9 was not in the meditation here is what they say....
8 Tune me in to foot-tapping songs, set these once-broken bones to dancing. 9 Don't look too close for blemishes, give me a clean bill of health.

Let me paraphrase. Tune me in to "step"-tapping songs, set this once-broken "body: to dancing, "yes river dancing". Don't look too close for blemishes, "GIVE ME A CLEAN BILL OF HEALTH"!!!!

I promised Him today that I would "dance" again. Don't you just love it when God speaks through His Word to you personally. I do!!!

Keep Walking with Jesus.....

1 comment:

Lisa said...

You go girl!!!! Riverdance to your heart's content!!!! He will be smiling from ear to ear, saying "That's my girl Marilyn!"