Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Walking Wet

Today's was entitled "Walking with Jesus: Into the Baptism Waters of the Jordan River. The scripture was Mark 1:9-11. The meditation talked about how we as Christians should be walking soaking wet in this world. That sometimes we are met with the chilling winds of injustice and intolerance. But that God has chosen each of us and it may not make sense to us, to walk wet in the world, to be so immersed in the waters of baptism that the water clings to me (us) like a soaked baptismal garment, to let the water drip off of us to sprinkle life on those who do not even know they are dry and dying but that is what we are called to do.

I thank God that in spite of my sometimes broken will, against the wisdom of the world that too often claims me, against the desires and dreams that too often hold me--God allows me (us) to have a heart that is a "river of living water" as He promised.

The health tip for the day talks about how water is life-sustaining: whether it is the water of baptism that signals the changing of lives or drinking water that refreshes and hydrates the body. It asks the question "How much water do you need every day?" To keep hydrated you should take your body weight in pounds and divide by 2 and that is how many ounces you should drink every day. If you are in dry climates or very active you should drink more. I don't know about you but it seems to me that if I try to drink that much water I will never get anything done except going to pee......hum....that may get my extra 2000 steps in each day!!!!

I did get my steps in yesterday but it was hard. I was on the treadmill at 9:30 last night counting my steps!!!

Keep Walking with Jesus......

1 comment:

Leah Robinson said...

Great job on getting your steps last night!!! I'm sure it will get easier everytime!!