Friday, October 31, 2008

House Guest of Peter

Walking with Jesus: To Peter's House
Mark 1:29-31; Peter's mother-in-law restored to serve

Meditation: Life before Death
You may find it odd that as soon as Peter's mother-in-law was healed she began to serve. But listen, as people of God who believe in Christ, we also believe in a life after death. Right? When life is hard, I have caught myself many times saying "Lord, just take me now". But as God's daughter here on this earth, shouldn't I also believe in a life before death! If I am a daughter of God, then I should believe that I am empowered by the Holy Spirit to make a difference in this life, in my world right now, rather than waiting until I get to Heaven. I should be looking forward to eternal life in the future but I should already be enjoying it right now.

There is this song I sang growing up and some of the words were "This world is not my home, I'm just a passing through..." but if that is our mindset than am I missing the mission that my Lord has for me right now?

So today I'm asking myself "What am I doing for Jesus today? Am I just content to wait for eternal life or am I looking to make a difference in the name of my Yahweh Rophe (The Lord who heals). Am I content to wait for my "new body" in Heaven or am I going to treat my body as a temple of God that it is here on earth?

Health Tip: 7 Ups for a New Day
* Wake Up-Begin the day with the Lord. It is His day. Rejoice in it.
* Dress Up-Put on a smile. It improves your looks. It says something about your attitude.
* Shut Up-Watch your tongue. Don't gossip. Say nice things. Learn to listen.
* Stand Up-Take a stand for what you believe. Resist evil. Do good.
* Look Up-Open your eyes to the Lord. After all, He is your only Savior.
* Reach Up-Spend time in prayer and Praise. (p-praise, r-repent, a-adoration, i-intercession, s-self, e-everyone)
* Lift up-Be available to help those in need-serving, supporting and sharing.

Keep Walking with Jesus.....