Friday, October 17, 2008

Turning Plan into Action

I know it has been forever since I have blogged. I'm always finding a reason not to get moving. Reasons like "I don't feel good", "It is still dark", "It's too hot" "Mom had surgery and is in the hospital so that takes up my time", "I just don't want to today", "It's to hard", "I can't" and the list could go on and on.

The following is a couple of paragraphs from the Bible study He Speaks to Me that I am currently doing. It said "God considers preparing for worship important. He speaks to those who follow His instructions. This doesn't mean that He gives us a specific plan for worship or a picture of exactly how that worship should look, as He did in the building of the tabernacle. Instead, He instructs us in how to plan for opportunities to worship Him. Of course we have to turn that planning into action. After the birth of her second child, my friend Shundria took up running with aspirations to run a marathon. To prepare, she joined a group and worked with a trainer. He gave them a running schedule, but Shundria had to implement it. Just as God gave Israel a plan to follow, God gives us a plan. But we must prepare ourselves to complete it" OUCH!!!

So I asked myself "Whats your plan, Marilyn? Are you just thinking about it or actually doing it? Then God reminded me that God has a purpose for this temple of mine but I have to do my part...duh.

So a couple of weeks ago my precious friend Amber emailed me this program called America on the move and wouldn't you know it that yesterday I received it in the mail a day after the Bible study. The first 6-weeks book is called Walking with Jesus. Is that not cool. The goal of the program is to increase your activity level by 2000 steps a day, to consume 100 fewer calories a day and to eat three servings of low-fat dairy a day. It also incorporates an inspiring spiritual dimension. The programs wants me to work on my physical health goals but it also allows me to be inspired by daily Scripture readings and meditations to follow the routes from the Bible. For me today is day 1. That just means that I wear this thing to count my steps. I do this for 3 days. Then I will average my steps to determine my basline steps and then add 2000 steps to that and that will be my goal of steps each day.

NO MORE EXCUSES, MARILYN. IT IS TIME TO TURN THE PLAN INTO ACTION......

***The following post will be some of my own words and some words from the book I am following***

1 comment:

Sandy said...

Marilyn

YOU GO GIRL!!!!!!!! You are such a inspiration. Kristina called me this morning and said that it is time for us to be in revival. We need it in body and spirit. You have confirmed that I need to be where you are--implementing a plan. I will need your help.
Love, Sandy