Monday, November 3, 2008

Traveling throughout Galilee

Walking with Jesus: Traveling Throughout Galilee
Mark 1:39-45 Jesus heals a man with leprosy

As I look back at my week, I was surprised to see how many steps I actually took. I have to tell you, I expected more, a lot more. I understand that taking time to exercise or making time to be physically active is a journey, just like many other challenges in my live. But I want it now!!! Although I didn't meet my goal steps each day, I must stay focused and refuse to give up. I must look at the fact that I did make progress.

Isaiah 40:31..."I will soar on wings like eagles; I will run and not grow weary, I will walk and not be faint."

Today's meditation was a prayer. I couldn't say it any better....

Lord, I come into Your presence seeking a gracious blessing. But I dare to ask for an outrageous portion of Your grace. I ask that You not simple equip me but that you chase me out into Your world.

Make me a person of vision who looks not in but out, not back but forward, not down but up, not at what cannot be done but what might be accomplished by Your Spirit.

Make me someone who seeks mountains, not valleys, narrow paths instead of wide and easy ways, sending places instead of resting places, starts instead of finishes, horizons instead of waysides, tomorrows instead of yesterdays.

Give me running shoes instead of wool-lined slippers, alarm clocks instead of sleep switches, gas pedals instead of brakes, coaster wagons instead of armchairs, sailboats instead of sandcastles, binoculars instead of microscopes, jogging suits instead of lounge pajamas.

Make me a person who startles even myself with the power that You give. For all I do is moved by Your breath, enveloped by Your Spirit, filled with the wind of Your grace and resounds to Your glory and not mine.

Give me wings to fly like eagles. I pray in Jesus' name and Amen.

No comments: