Monday, November 24, 2008

Be the Light

Walking with Jesus: Preaching Beside the Sea
Mark 4:21 The Light of the World

...Jesus went on: "Does anyone bring a lamp home and put it under a washtub or beneath the bed? Don't you put it up on a table or on the mantel? (The Message)

Jesus often taught his followers in parables, using things that everyone experienced in their everyday lives. Jesus said, "I am the Light of the World" and because of His death and resurrection, we too are to be lights to the world. So the question is am I being God's light in my world? Is my stronghold of unhealthy dimming my light to my family, my workplace and in my world? Am I being all that God wants me to be?

They say that the firefly only lights up when it is moving forward. Am I moving forward or am I just at a stand still? I get so frustrated when I try so hard and still seem to be stuck. Right now I have so far to go down this road that I can't see the end but I know that I know that I will persevere and when I have passed this test, I will receive the crown of life that God has promised to me. I must remember that I am a child of God, His treasured possession. I must remember that He created me in His own image, He chose the day for me to be born. I must remember that He has a plan and a purpose for my life and when I remember those things I don't have to be able to "see the end" because I will keep walking by faith with my Jesus with His light shinning through me....

1 comment:

Sandy said...

Dear Marilyn,

Although I totally support you in your quest to get healthy, I want you to know that you are the Light of Jesus just the way you are.

Sandy