Thursday, November 20, 2008

Hope-filled Day

Walking with Jesus: Up the Mountain to Preach (Sermon on the Mount)
Matthew 5:7, 9:13 Jesus blessed those who show mercy

Hints for a Hope-Filled Day
1. Today I will not strike back. If someone is rude, impatient or unkind, I will not respond in a like manner.
2. Today I will ask God to bless my "enemy". If I come across someone who treats me harshly or unfairly, I will quietly ask God to bless that individual.
3. Today I will be careful about what I say. I will carefully choose and guard my words, being certain that I do not spread gossip.
4. Today I will go the extra mile. I will find ways to share the burden of another.
5. Today I will forgive. I will forgive any hurts or injuries that come my way.
6 Today I will do something nice for someone. I will reach out and bless the life of another.
7. Today I will raise the spirits of someone who is discouraged. My smile, my words or my expression of support can make the difference to someone wrestling with life.
8. Today I will nurture my body. I will eat less; I will walk my extra steps; I will thank God for my body.
9. Today I will grow spiritually. I will spend a little more time in prayer. I will find a quiet place and listen to God's voice.
10. Today I will celebrate forgiveness in Christ....even when I don't live up to the other hints listed above.

Keep Walking With Jesus......

No comments: