Thursday, November 6, 2008

Dinner Guest

Walking with Jesus: To Levi's House, for dinner
Mark 2:15 & 16 (The Message Bible) Jesus eats with sinners

15 Later Jesus and his disciples were at home having supper with a collection of disreputable guests. Unlikely as it seems, more than a few of them had become followers.

16 The religion scholars and Pharisees saw him keeping this kind of company and lit into his disciples: "What kind of example is this, acting cozy with the riff-raff?"

The meditation talks about "you are what you eat". I'm thinking if that is true then I must be the garbage dump! For years now I have eaten when I'm nervous, relaxed, together with family & friends, alone, busy, tired. It saddens me to say that it has become my comfort. As in verse 16 "What kind of example is this?"

The question I'm facing now is "Am I ready to move closer into what the Lord is calling me to?" Am I willingly to leave some things behind. I know that God will not share my time and attention with other "gods". And yes this even includes necessary and good things like food.

This is a fine line because on one hand food can become an idol in my life but I don't want to go to the other extreme and let getting healthy become an idol either. God doesn't want to share me with anything or anyone that takes my eyes off Him. He wants ALL of me.

I have taken the easy road for years now. It's time to tear down the roadblocks and keep Walking with My Jesus.......

No comments: