Tuesday, November 18, 2008

New Beginnings

Walking with Jesus: Up the Mountain to Preach
Matthew 5:4 Jesus preaches about those who mourn

"You're blessed when you feel you've lost what is most dear to you. Only then can you be embraced by the One most dear to you." (The Message)

Having lost people who were very close to me in the last couple of years, its hard to find joy and laughter when you are hurting and mourning. Before I always thought that it was so wrong for people to be laughing at a wake but as I grow in my faith I know that the sadness is beyond words and have shed many tears. But I now see God's new beginnings in every ending. How can I not be happy for my loved ones when I know whose they were and where they are.

A few weeks after my dad passed, I had a dream about him. (I love it when God speaks to me through dreams!) I was missing dad like crazy and God showed me, through a dream, that he was having the time of his life. I was standing along a road and saw my dad. He was in a hurry, trying to put on his shoes. I told him he should stop so that we could tie them and not fall. He told me that he would be okay and that he didn't have time, he had to go. He had a grin from ear to ear and was laughing and having fun. I got such peace from that dream.

So what does this have to do with getting healthy? Do I believe that the same God who could give me such peace through a dream because he knew His child was hurting, couldn't this same God help me with eating right and exercising? Do you sometimes think that you can't talk to God about the "small things"? If I don't give Him and talk to Him about every part of my life, have I really given my whole heart to Him?
Is He not interested in ALL my struggles? I hate it when people put God in this neat little box but am I doing the same thing? Ouch!!!

I think I had better "assume the position" and give it ALL to the One and Only who can handle it all and who wants too......Keep Walking With Jesus

No comments: