Thursday, November 13, 2008

Mountain Top

Walking with Jesus: Up the Mountain, Near the Sea
Mark 3:13-19 Jesus appoints the apostles

3:13
He climbed a mountain and invited those he wanted with him. They climbed together.

Is that not cool. Jesus is not asking us to go it alone...He is climbing with us!!!

3:14
He settled on twelve, and designated them apostles. The plan was that they would be with him, and he would send them out to proclaim the Word
3:15
and give them authority to banish demons.
3:16
These are the Twelve: Simon (Jesus later named him Peter, meaning "Rock"),
3:17
James, son of Zebedee, John, brother of James (Jesus nicknamed the Zebedee brothers Boanerges, meaning "Sons of Thunder"),
3:18
Andrew, Philip, Bartholomew, Matthew, Thomas, James, son of Alphaeus, Thaddaeus, Simon the Canaanite,
3:19
Judas Iscariot (who betrayed him).


Sharing the Gospel should never be a job...It should be our JOY! To me sharing the Gospel is not only speaking but it is also my actions. It may mean that I have to turn my other cheek (Matt 5:39) time and time again. It may mean when someone pushes me to my limit and I really want to yell at them that I smile and walk away. It may mean to say my peace in a loving and caring way when I really want to never speak to them again. It may mean to forgive someone (even if they don't ask for it) who as wounded me. Sharing the Gospel is being Christ like in every situation that I face.

The question for today is, how is the Lord enabling me to share my joy in the Gospel ? Please Lord help me not to forget to look around to see how the Lord is sharing that joy with me today--through other people and events!!

Authority and power was given to the Apostles but we too have that same authority and power. Even over a stronghold of unhealthy!!! I know this but am I living up to that power? Am I tapping in to that full power? I can't let the "evil one" take away my joy or my power today. God has called me to "Go fight the good fight" and "to be all we can be". To put on my big girl panties and to be a brave and mighty warrior for Him. To run the race....

Remember laughter and joy are good for the soul and especially remember to keep Walking with Jesus....

No comments: