Monday, November 10, 2008

Walking through the Grainfields

Walking with Jesus: Through the Grainfields
Mark 2:23-27

This was the meditation: "...let me sow an offering."

Dear God,
When there is a harvest,let me sow an offering.
When new growth is trampled flat, let me sow a seed of hope.
When days are dim, let me sow a light.
When nights are much to dark, let me sow a promise.
When a heart is broken down, let me sow a kiss of peace.
When minds are tightly shut, let me sow a dream.
When a soul needs one more breath, let me sow a seed of love.

Having grown up as a "farm girl", I love being out in the fields. I miss the days that I spent there. I miss the sounds, the smells and yes, even the hard work. It always amazes me how you plant such a tiny seed and how it grows into a bountiful harvest. The seeds I planted during this time were a lot bigger than a mustard seed that Jesus talks about in Mt 17:20 which says "Because you have so little faith. I tell you the truth, if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mountain, 'Move from here to there' and it will move. Nothing will be impossible for you."

For me "getting healthy" is a huge mountain. One that some days I think I will never get past. I must change that way of thinking because I know that with God, nothing okay say it out loud, NOTHING WILL BE IMPOSSIBLE FOR ME, if only I look to Him. That's what God's words promises me. Where is my faith when it comes to this stronghold in my life? It is so frustrating!!!

These past weeks have been difficult. Did I make my goal of steps each day, no. Did I beat myself up for it, yes. Did I just want to quit, you betcha. As I start this week I need to make changes. Maybe I need to use this exercise time as a time to reflect and praise God for the day (instead of thinking it is just one more thing I have to do). Wouldn't that be a wonderful offering to the Lord! Maybe that is the answer. Could I have been focusing to much on myself when I should have been focusing on Jesus. This could be a great opportunity to strengthen both my body and my spirit as I make improvements in my physical and spiritual health. So that is my goal for this week...to use my exercise time as an opportunity to pray and build my relationship with my Lord and Savior. And the plus factor maybe that I find the time passing more quickly as I walk and that I may be more refreshed when I am finished.

Not only Walking With Jesus but focusing totally on Him.....

No comments: