Friday, November 21, 2008

Holy Habits

Walking with Jesus: Up the Mountain to Preach (Sermon on the Mount)
Matthew 5:6 Jesus blesses those who seek spiritual fulfillment

I love what Matthew 5:6 says in The Message, "You're blessed when you've worked up a good appetite for God. He's food and drink in the best meal you'll ever eat."

Holy Habits are really important in our lives, in my life. These "Resurrection Routines" are things I do regularly that keep me focused on the Lord and the people around me. These habits are not ends in themselves, but rather ways for me to really keep my perspective in line. Some Holy Habits for me are: regular prayer time, worship time, taking of the Sacraments, a change to intentionally tell my testimony to someone, listening to Christian music or talking with and listening to a friend.

Thank you Lord for my Holy Habits. Father, help me to review them in my mind. Am I doing all I can do or is there some activities that you want me to give up and to replace them with more of you. Father, today I pray that you would be my strength. Help me to make healthy food choices. Help me to get in my steps. Father, I pray that you would help me to make holy habits and healthy habits today so that I will be better prepared to participate in Your abundance. Father, mostly I pray that I would hear and listen to what you are telling me. Help me to Keep Walking and focusing on You more and more........Amen and Amen!!!

No comments: