Wednesday, November 12, 2008

To Church

Walking with Jesus: To the Synagogue on the Sabbath
Mark 3:1-6 Jesus heals the man with a withered hand

Jesus went into a church where people were just waiting for Him to "do wrong". Well, wrong in their eyes. The message Bible says "the Pharisees had their eyes on Jesus to see if He would heal him (the man with a withered hand), hoping to catch Him in a Sabbath infraction." Has "the church" changed much from back then to now? Shouldn't church be different from the world? Aren't we as Christians called to be different? Aren't we suppose to live our lives different from the secular world?

I heard a sermon from the church that my mom and brother attends and it said that today's church seems to be all about man-centered, psychology, physiotherapy, seeker-friendly, feel good, happy happy church where you never hear about sin or the cross, just happy happy all the time. Are we called to be only an inch deep and a mile wide? I want to go much deeper with my Lord and Savior. I want ALL He has for me. Don't you?

As a believer, my every activity is to bring God glory. Whether we are at our jobs, cleaning toilets or even getting healthy, we, no speaking for myself, I must honor God in ALL that I do. That means with every bite I take and with every step I make.

The harder I try to "get healthy" the more roadblocks that the "evil one" puts into my path. But I want to bring God glory so when things are going great, I WILL PRAISE HIM. When I stumble, I WILL CONTINUE TO PRAISE HIM. When I fall, I know that my God will be there to pick me up and dust me off as I will continue to Keep Walking with my Jesus and to PRAISE HIM THROUGH IT ALL......

1 comment:

Leah Robinson said...

Oh boy did I need to hear this today :)